Project done during the summer placement at LMS International, an engineering services and software company which is a partner for companies in the automotive, aerospace and other advanced manufacturing industries.
The project consists of:
- SQL Script
- Web Application
- Web Service
- Visual Studio Add–in
The goal of the Visual Studio Add-in, ODT Dependency Checker, is to be able to check the dependency between the source files and the test objects.
The flow of the application is as follows:
- Using the web application the user uploads a text file and gets as a table the corresponding data.
- The application connects to the database and inserts the data into tables.
- The add- in has as a web reference to the web service and invokes the web method for the current file.
- The web service implements a web method which gets as parameter the name of the source file and returns an array list of test objects.
- When the user opens a source file and clicks on the button from the toolbar, a message box appears stating the number of test objects.